Explore Your Options
Home to 300,000 Texans, the community of Lubbock is a wonderful environment for raising a family. The diversity in the town ranges from cotton growers and ranchers to educators and students at Texas Tech University and Lubbock Christian University. Our city offers a variety of family-friendly activities including museums, parks, and attractions. Days spent in the sun at Lake Alan Henry, and evenings of fun at Joyland Amusement Park create memories that parents and children can cherish for a lifetime.
However, starting a family does not come easily to everyone. If you are seeking treatment for fertility in Lubbock, our practice can help you. Located on 22nd Street, the Centre for Reproductive Medicine offers the latest treatments and therapies to help their patients become parents. To learn more about our available services and how we can help you achieve your goals, schedule a consultation Dr. Janelle Dorsett today.
Experience You Can Trust
Dr. Dorsett has received extensive education in obstetrics, gynecology, and reproductive medicine. In addition to earning her doctorate at University of Texas Medical School, she completed a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, then earned fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility through University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. Dr. Dorsett exercises a compassionate approach to care, and understands the emotional and physical strain that her patients endure.
Dr. Dorsett will conduct a thorough clinical examination and discuss your medical history with you to learn about your unique needs, goals, and aspirations. An individualized treatment plan can be formulated after you cooperatively decide which treatment options are best for you.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- In vitro fertilization: Commonly known as IVF, in vitro fertilization involves isolating the mother’s eggs, combining them with the father’s sperm, and placing the resulting embryo into the mother’s uterus.
- Egg donation: Used in conjunction with IVF, donated eggs can improve the chance of fertilization for older women, women with poor egg quality, and women who experience early menopause. Eggs may be donated by a friend, family member, or an anonymous screened donor.
- Gestational surrogacy: When a mother cannot carry a child herself, gestational surrogacy is a viable option. Our office has screened, carefully selected surrogates, or you may select a friend or family member as your surrogate.
- Tubal reversal: For women who have their “tubes tied” to eliminate any chances of pregnancy, but later decide that they want to become pregnant, tubal ligation reversal can renew the ability to conceive.
- Induction of ovulation: Certain medications can increase the follicles required to conceive, thus improving the chances of conception.
- Artificial insemination: By inserting a concentrated dosage of sperm into the uterus, artificial insemination increases the likelihood of a woman becoming pregnant. Sperm may come from a known donor or sperm bank.
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. Janelle Dorsett
Over the years, Dr. Dorsett has helped many men and women overcome infertility to enjoy life as a parent. Schedule a consultation with us today to learn more about what are services can do for you.